System crashes when using Blackmagic decklink HD Extreme.

Posted by gafpost 
System crashes when using Blackmagic decklink HD Extreme.
August 15, 2008 06:29PM
I just put the card in and I am outputting HD Pro-res to an LCD Monitor. The system crashes easily while working in the timeline. When I switch the video playback to the cinema display, I have no problems and no crashes.

Anyone else having this problem? It seems simple enough to playback video. Why am I having so many problems? With an internal raid and 13gigs of ram this system should be singing!

Please help!
-Gary A. Friedman
Re: System crashes when using Blackmagic decklink HD Extreme.
August 15, 2008 07:05PM
Can you tell us a little bit more ? well, okay, a lot more ? about your system? We're obviously talking about a Mac Pro. How many processors do you have? What software are you running? Do you have any other boards in your system? And what do you mean by "the system crashes?" What kind of crash?

I guess the other obvious question is whether you're in touch with Blackmagic support.

Re: System crashes when using Blackmagic decklink HD Extreme.
August 17, 2008 04:12PM
Make sure your sequence settings confirm with Blackmagic. I was crashing all the time before realizing I need to use blackmagic (not generic HD) sequence settings to make it work. Now it runs like a charm... most of the time smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics