edit to tape - followup from yesterday

Posted by cdenes 
edit to tape - followup from yesterday
August 18, 2008 01:49PM
Deb are you on by chance? or anyone else who can help....

thanks so much with your help with the deck DSR-45. I have got my tapes blacked and ready... and now can't seem to get the edit to tape function to work. I have put bars and tone in my sequence and set the in point for Edit to Tape so that my program will start at the correct time. (not using the mastering function at all)

I want to start recording at 00:58:30;00 and that is my set in-point. The deck pre-rolls to 00:58:29;29 and then suddenly switches to some other timecode, either new or latent, and gets stuck there. I have tried 2 different tapes and the same thing keeps happening.

I have my deck set to:
TC external
TC in DV external
REC RUN

Is it because I'm using regular DV tapes instead of DV CAM? Or am I missing some setting?

what am I doing wrong?
Re: edit to tape - followup from yesterday
August 18, 2008 02:15PM
I'm thinking you blacked your timecode using Drop Frame timecode. (The ";" is a clue: Drop Frame timecode appears as xx:xx:xx;xx; Non-Drop Frame appears as xx:xx:xx:xx)

[en.wikipedia.org]

Try re-blacking the tape using Non-Drop Frame. There will be a setting in the deck somewhere.

www.derekmok.com
August 18, 2008 02:19PM
But I want it to be drop frame, I am pretty sure....

no?
August 18, 2008 06:54PM
Did you change the "TC Make" in the menu to "Regen"?

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner. Been underwater with a client with a harpoon in my spleen...

deb
August 18, 2008 07:43PM
thank you - no need to apologize. harpoon sounds dreadful!

I did try this but maybe I need to try again. I tried a lot of different things and can no longer remember in what combination. I got frustrated and abandoned output for the day. But now I'm back.

So I reblacked my tape for the 10th time, and here is how I have now set things in the menu:
DV in TC - EXTERNAL
TC MAKE - REGEN
TC RUN - REC RUN
TC FORMAT - DF
JOG TC OUT - ON (no idea what this is but I never changed it)

I'll keep you posted.

christy
August 18, 2008 09:45PM
Change that DV in TC to Internal.

I don't know what the JOG TC OUT, is either. I'd guess it's whether or not it'll pass timecode in jog/shuttle mode. Not relevant to you right now.

That should be it...

The harpoon slipped from my spleen. It went into my eye. Oh, wait, that just the headache this project has created...

:-)

debe
August 18, 2008 10:47PM
THANK YOU!!!!

can you tell this is my least favorite part of editing? I think I have a mental block about problem solving when it comes to output. jeez.

you're the best!
August 19, 2008 08:44AM
Glad it's working!! Sorry it took so long!!

Punch him in the shoulder for not giving you the manual with the deck.

Or the spleen. Yeah. That's a good place, too...

still :-)

debe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics