'file's format is too new for this version of the application' BUT IT'S NOT!!

Posted by Christopher Maher 
has this ever happened to anyone?!?

I am sure it's the same version I used to cut the darn thing, but this is what I get trying to open the file after doing a clean install of Tiger, which was of an older version than I'd been running of tiger, but I updated it before reinstalling FCP, which is DEFINITELY the same version I'd used!

What gives? What do I do now?!
Re: 'file's format is too new for this version of the application' BUT IT'S NOT!!
August 19, 2008 03:50AM
run software update, see what happens?
hmm a good suggestion, as I did get an update of Quicktime, but... problem still persists...

thanks, though...
Re: 'file's format is too new for this version of the application' BUT IT'S NOT!!
August 19, 2008 04:23AM
i don't suppose you made a clone backup of your previous system?

do you know anyone with a similar system who could possibly open the file and make an XML for you?

FWIW i've got FCP 6.04 running on both 10.4.11 and 10.5.4
we pass projects back and forth all the time, no worries.

if you zip the file and send it to me i could see what happens
(Click on my name in blue above to get my e-mail address)

nick
August 19, 2008 04:31AM
Exactly which version of FCP are you using? This bug was supposed to have been fixed in 6.0.4.
thanks for the offer, Nick, but to answer Tom's question, am only running 4.5...

(I may be able to get an upgrade) sure is a convenient "bug" for the apple coffers!
August 19, 2008 11:40AM
"am only running 4.5"
well i have that, too!
but only on the 10.4.11 system.

sure you didn't give the project to someone else who may have opened it in a more recent version of FCP?

but hey, the upgrade is pretty affordable for what you get.

nm
August 20, 2008 11:12AM
I've experienced the same thing recently. Project would open after trashing prefs.

Got rid of the problem after removing from an edited clip an obsolete version of a BBC pluging into the main sequence.

---------------------------------
A Day late & a Dollar-short Productions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics