Compressing for the Web

Posted by Chuck Spaulding 
Compressing for the Web
August 25, 2008 01:38PM
I would like to export content edited in FCP (ProRes) HD for the web. I have read the post "How can I compress for the Web?" which works great for QT but I also need a Window's compatible codec and Flash. Although I might just go with H264 and Flash.

Compressor works great for the H264 but what works as well for Windows Media and Flash?
Re: Compressing for the Web
August 25, 2008 01:45PM
You can check out the newly released DV Kitchen. Does wmv, flv, h.264 amongst others... I haven't checked out this version yet, but I beta tested Dvccast, which was pretty neat then, but now it does a LOT!

[dvcreators.net]

www.strypesinpost.com
August 25, 2008 02:03PM
Thanks for the info, this looks very promising.

Thanks again.

~chuck
August 25, 2008 06:20PM
i downloaded the demo. installed the extra encoders. and started converting a test movie and it just never finished it...

hmmmm....
August 25, 2008 07:31PM
I'm not to keen on trying new compression software. I'm more old school (notice the gray streaks in the signature) and stick with what I know works. I use Sorenson Squeeze at work - which does a nice job on H.264, FLASH & WMV files:

[www.sorensonmedia.com]

I used to use Autodesk Cleaner at my previous gig:

[usa.autodesk.com]

...or you could try the old standby Flip4Mac (I have no experience with this but I hear great things):

[www.flip4mac.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 25, 2008 10:17PM
Joe,

Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 can still be purchased around,
would that be a smart thing to do (half price) considering that
I have just occasional need for it.

I know what features are new in version 5, but what I'd be missing
in real life situations.
For example, what made you to upgrade to version 5,
or anyone else reading this who upgraded.

Thanks

Miodrag
August 25, 2008 10:23PM
I had beers with Nick one time and he picked the right beers so I can testify to his brilliance too.

Michael Horton
-------------------
August 26, 2008 03:54AM
>i downloaded the demo. installed the extra encoders. and started converting a test
>movie and it just never finished it...

Hi, Wayne. Can't really troubleshoot it as I haven't yet worked with this current version. You can pop Josh at dvcreators.net a PM with your codec and system set up and he'll get back to you. Alternatively, there's a forum on dvkitchen over there where you can post your problem.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics