media 100".HAL" file import to final cut can it be done?

Posted by hsarbaz 
media 100".HAL" file import to final cut can it be done?
August 26, 2008 06:46PM
Does anyone know of a codec or a way to import media 100 exports (.hal) into final cut?

Other than exporting edl's or using auto duck. My media 100 is down so I need to edit with final cut using media 100 created clips.

Thanks!
Re: media 100".HAL" file import to final cut can it be done?
August 26, 2008 09:21PM
This is just a stab in the dark, but since I think Media 100 runs on QuickTime, it must have a .hal component. Therefore, theoretically, you might be able to use Quicktime to convert them. Open on in QT, then go to 'export' and see if you can export a QT .mov.

August 26, 2008 11:20PM
i miss media100... : (

that was one helluva stable, does what its supposed to, no bs, NLE. it didnt do much, but what it did, it did WELL!
August 27, 2008 07:56AM
"I miss media 100... sad smiley "
"that was one helluva stable, does what its supposed to, no bs, NLE. it didnt do much, but what it did, it did WELL! "

I don't miss all the limitations that it had :-)

I have to admit, back the it was the shiznit :-Dgrinning smiley
August 27, 2008 11:45AM
If you find an answer please please post. I have a bunch of exported quicktimes myself from Media 100 that I can't get to play on my final cut system. Audio plays fine. Video is all white sad smiley

I've done some research and while there's a downloadable transcoder from Media100's website, there isn't anything available for intel macs (My files played fine on my old Job's G5-with media 100 transcoder). But if you figure something out, please post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics