Problem exporting image sequences on FCP

Posted by greggagne 
Problem exporting image sequences on FCP
September 02, 2008 12:38PM
Hi all.

I am turning over image sequences from FCP to animators. I am on FCP 6.0.4 and Mac OS 10.4.11 on a G5. My project is running at 23.98fps. My sequence is just under 2 minutes and has 74 shots, most with multiple layers.

I am having an issue while exporting an image sequence. Every time I export a shot more than 24 frames in length, it generates 1 additional frame per shot (1 frame repeats itself). Every frame exported is correct though, except for the 1 additional frame. The frame that repeats itself tends to be the 25th frame, but not for all of them (a couple repeated the 24th frame while another repeated the 32nd). Why would this be happening? Is there a way around it?

I created a TGA sequence by dragging all of my shots into a bin and then batch exporting. I selected my format as "Image Sequence", manually switched the fps to 23.98 in the options and selected TGA, and clicked on "Use Item In/Out". Since my project is running at 23.98 and I selected "Use Item In/Out" I can't understand why it would add an additional frame. Any thoughts?
Re: Problem exporting image sequences on FCP
September 02, 2008 06:05PM
I've noticed FCP having other issues with image sequences, though not this specific one...

Have you tried exporting them as Quicktime Movies first, then use Quicktime Pro or Compressor to render them out as TGA sequences? It's a workaround, but it gets the job done...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics