ProRes

Posted by miama99 
ProRes
August 26, 2008 02:07PM
Help:

I've shot and just finished editing a project that is in ProRes (hq). now i am trying to burn a DVD. I have tried various combinations of export methods and settings, and all look fantastic, until i burn them. like many people i've read about in user forums, the dvd just looks like crap. ... can anyone tell me where i can find a tutorial that will walk me through this. a lot of what i've read online is very specific to project settings that are different from mine. and their "remedies" don't seem to be working for me.

thanks,
jim
Re: ProRes
August 26, 2008 08:48PM
Which ones have you read? Ken Stone has a good article. It's called Exporting HDV Video from the Timeline to Standard Definition DVD, but at one point he converts to Pro Res, so the article from there on should suit you. You can read it here : [www.kenstone.net]

September 01, 2008 06:36PM
hi... thanks for that... i will read ken stone's article and let you know how it worked.
September 05, 2008 01:52PM
the article helped a lot. i've built the project in dvd studio pro, and it looks great in the simulator. i have not yet burned a dvd so i haven't seen whether there will be some of the blown-out gamma issues that i had earlier...

however, i've been busy on a final re-edit of the project and have a more urgent issue that i hope someone can help me with..... this is a music video shot on 16 mm film. we were telecinied to hdsr and digitized to prores 422 (hq). i had no technical issues with this footage. everything has looked and functioned very well... but i decided to use two clips from footage i shot several years ago. this footage, also 16mm, had been telecinied to digibeta. i took the tape to alpha dogs and had it digitized to prores... it looked fine, but then i realized it wasn't hd, and of course the assets weren't compatible. so i went back to alpha dogs and had it digitized again, but this time in hd. the assets are now the same. but the image is stretched. .. is there a way to "unstretch" this in fcp?

all help is greatly appreciated.
jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics