3 hour sequence- compressor settings for DVD

Posted by jenvery 
3 hour sequence- compressor settings for DVD
September 18, 2008 03:12PM
HI! I am exporting a 3 hour sequence to Compressor and then to DVDsp. In Compressor there seems to be only settings for DVDs 90 min, 120 min, and 150 min. Which should I use for a three hour sequence to go on a dual layer disc? Does it only compress 150 minutes or does it keep going to the end? Let me know! Thanks so much, jen
Re: 3 hour sequence- compressor settings for DVD
September 18, 2008 03:14PM
The durations are just indicators of average data rate. I don't do enough DVD stuff to know what your average rate needs to be to put three hours on a dual-layer disc, but I might try starting with the 90-minute preset. If an hour and a half fits on a single layer, maybe three hours will fit on a dual-layer?

September 18, 2008 09:45PM
the presets in Compressor are based on you burning to a single layer DVD. with a dual layer, you should be fine with the 90min preset if the total content is just under 3 hours.
September 19, 2008 12:25AM
I used the 150 minute one should i redo it?
September 19, 2008 12:55AM
> I might try starting with the 90-minute preset. If an hour and a half fits on a single layer, maybe
> three hours will fit on a dual-layer?

I'm relatively sure that those estimates err on the optimistic side -- ie. if you have exactly 90 minutes, that preset might blow you over a bit. I'd probably try the 120-minute preset. However, no reason you can't try both if you have the time. See which one gets what you need.

And it's not "wrong" to use the 150-minute preset if you're happy with the result. I'd keep those files and add both the 90-minute and 120-minute presets into the batch list. Then see which set you like the best.

www.derekmok.com
September 19, 2008 01:12AM
I got all they way build and format following a tutorial about making dual layer discs and no it says the disc cannot be recognized. I tried several. I am using verbatim dvd+r dl discs. Maybe maybe drive cant use dual layer. I have a G5 Intel tower. Dont those support duall layer? speed = 2.4x
Thanks Jen
September 19, 2008 01:36AM
I checked under disc utility and it recognized the disc, when I tried again with the disc already in it worked. Odd, but good! burning now!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics