OT - anybody using the wacom cintiq?

Posted by wayne granzin 
OT - anybody using the wacom cintiq?
September 20, 2008 10:04PM
i finally saw one at frys today, but the twits running the dept there couldnt unlock the system prefs so i could properly calibrate it.

anybody using one for FCP/photoshop/illustrator/aftereffects? just wondered how it works out...?
Re: OT - anybody using the wacom cintiq?
September 21, 2008 06:57AM
I used to use one - I find it annoying that my hand is in the way!

I have to say I prefer the normal Wacom I have 3 - Intuos 1 A4, Intuos 3 Special Edition A5 Wide and a Black Bamboo for the laptop - it only takes a day for most people to really get proficient with it.

I find artists that are new to digital often use them as they don't have to detach their hand/eye co-ordination, which seems weird at first but as I said only takes about a day of use before your brain adjusts.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
September 21, 2008 12:37PM
I find it annoying that my hand is in the way!
thanks ben, that's exactly the kind of hands-on info i was hoping for : )
September 21, 2008 08:48PM
hey ben how often do you use that with motion?

i am seconds from getting one because i think it will open motion up to some new realms of creativity. like 3d stroke as a cam path or a particle of strokes.

its really hard to create animations without. My friend in Fla. says that he is animating his drawings in motion.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics