fcp captured dvcproHD to avid on windows?

Posted by wayne granzin 
fcp captured dvcproHD to avid on windows?
September 22, 2008 03:07PM
i need to get my fcp cpatured hvx200 footage over to an avid guy on windows.
anyone know the best codec to batch export to?
Re: fcp captured dvcproHD to avid on windows?
September 22, 2008 03:45PM
Aren't the DNxHD codecs available for download? I've heard they can be quirky, but maybe you could batch-convert them with Compressor?

September 22, 2008 06:35PM
Just give them the raw CARD dumps. Avid reads these natively. It will not, however, read any of the imported QT movies.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
September 22, 2008 10:21PM
oooohhh! really? they will have to have dvcproHD codecs wont they? this is a pretty technically non-savvy bunch im working with...

that probably wont work anyway. what were trying to do is take the footage ive edited (or at least logged and transferred from the source cards) and down convert the clips to SD for use by an avid shop. - this particular local spanish tv station is avid based and speaks very little english - which doesnt make anything easier...
September 22, 2008 10:42PM
> what were trying to do is take the footage ive edited (or at least logged and transferred from the
> source cards) and down convert the clips to SD for use by an avid shop.

If you're down-converting to SD, then couldn't you use Media Manager to make SD duplicates in a codec that's compatible?

www.derekmok.com
September 23, 2008 09:36AM
yeah, thats what im planning to do (actually, i was going to do a batch convert) but i cant nail down the most common avid SD codec to use. and the language/tech-savviness barrier with the client isnt helping...
September 23, 2008 11:47AM
I think Uncompressed SD can work (don't quote me on that). Last time I had to create Avid-accessible footage, we were just doing screeners, so I just did DV NTSC. It definitely worked.

www.derekmok.com
September 23, 2008 01:30PM
okay, after much testing Avid 1:1x seems to be the right one to use - hooray!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics