stills into FCP6 video project

Posted by Dom Stevenson 
stills into FCP6 video project
September 26, 2008 02:37AM
I'm off to the Middle East next week with my Canon XHA1 and my point and shoot Canon G9.

I may well wish to integrate some of my stills into the video project and i'm wondering if there's an optimal way of shooting the stills to match the camcorder footage. I'm planning to shoot in RAW mode at 4000 by 3000 pixels.

I have not yet decided whether to use the 25f progressive settings or to go interlaced with this project. Perhaps somebody has an opinion about this also?

Thanks for your time

Dom
Re: stills into FCP6 video project
September 26, 2008 04:27AM
[ I'm planning to shoot in RAW mode at 4000 by 3000 pixels. ]

That should be plenty and allow enlargements, push-ins, and the like, using FCP or becoming more popular these days, Motion. At 3K wide you may be pushing the QuickTime engine import limit, which used to have a G-world limit of 4K X 4K. Still not sure that's been lifted in new FCP. I still observe the old restriction out of habit.

Motion turns out to be better for still photomotion-- just import the QT output into FCP-- not the overscanned still-- as a clip and maintain editability in a Motion project.

- Loren
Photo scan rates demystified!
ScanGuide? Pro compact reference now at
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: stills into FCP6 video project
September 26, 2008 04:52AM
Thanks Loren. I thought it would be fine, and yes, i shall work in motion when the time comes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics