Quality of export to movie file

Posted by PhillyFilmmaker 
Quality of export to movie file
September 26, 2008 03:45PM
I know there was a post of this some where but what would be the causes and solutions to poor quality when exporting to a movie file? Sometimes text comes out all blurry and not as sharp. Sometimes, ok most of the time, the picture quality isnt as good as when you choose uncompressed 8-bit.

please enlighten me on this part of the workflow process.

thanks!!!
Re: Quality of export to movie file
September 26, 2008 03:51PM
Just choose to export as a Quicktime Movie...self contained, no recompression, using sequence settings. That will be a full quality export. NOW...Quicktime will lower the quality of the playback so that it won't drop frames...unless you tell it NOT to. In Quicktime, in the MOVIE PROPERTIES under VIDEO TRACK, you can enable High Quality.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
September 27, 2008 12:28AM
>Sometimes text comes out all blurry and not as sharp.

What Shane mentioned about playing it back in Quicktime.

And also, note that if you're working with more compressed formats like DV, and your video is graphics intensive, rendering out to a higher quality codec may be a better option. There won't be a quality boost in the video, since it's already DV, but text and graphics won't undergo compression to your sequence codec, which will be the case when you export a self contained quicktime.

www.strypesinpost.com
September 27, 2008 02:35PM
Or check the Canvas at precisely 100%.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics