Proxy

Posted by J.Corbett 
Proxy
October 07, 2008 01:42PM
i know what proxy is via the manual.

i have 4 vtrks and 4 vector shapes with no animation or filters.

What would be the cause of the proxy in this case?

dv footage in 16/9
boris vector shape

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Proxy
October 07, 2008 02:09PM
OK...I don't know what you mean by 'proxy' in this case. This post makes less sense than the others of late. What are you talking about?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
October 07, 2008 05:13PM
Sorry about the post. I have been rushing my typing lately as i am under the gun to finish these 4 really nicely budgeted commercials.

I meant the proxy render ( orange line ). i stacked some clips(4) all with the same settings, aspect and quality. The i superimposed 3 vector shapes on vtrx 6-8.

Now every move is a proxy render. The renders dont take long but when i read into proxy in the fcp manual (page 1432).

It didn't seem to give me any idea as to what within my TL is causing the proxy and this is the 1st time i have seen this much proxy in a single TL.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
October 07, 2008 05:16PM
Hard drives aren't fast enough to handle this many streams in RT...anything less than Orange. Faster RAID would help with this...what are you storing this footage on now?

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
October 07, 2008 05:56PM
The video media is on an internal 750gb 7200rpm hitachi Deskstar. ( bay 2, my bay 1 is apps only)

Then i have 1 audio file (aiff) on a crossfire smartdisk.

COMPUTER: macpro quad 3.0 7gb ram ati x1900

""""
October 07, 2008 05:57PM
oh and i am using unlimited RT.

""""
October 07, 2008 07:01PM
These "vector shapes..." what are they? What sort of files?

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
October 07, 2008 11:44PM
they from the generator in fcp.

clicked on generator > boris> vector shape (rounded square)

then in the controls tab i shortened the top and bottom till i had thin lines.

""""
October 08, 2008 06:40AM
> i stacked some clips(4) all with the same settings, aspect and quality. The i
>superimposed 3 vector shapes on vtrx 6-8.

And you expect to get full quality RT effects with that!? The orange bar means "unlimited RT", which also means that the processor will drop frames or render only a subsampled frame to keep up with the playback. It's either the drives aren't fast enough, or the processors aren't powerful enough, or you simply piled on too much for the processors to handle.

Also, I don't think Boris does RT (haven't seen a light green bar with it yet).

www.strypesinpost.com
October 08, 2008 07:44AM
ah i see. So its more about the habits of boris than the clips.

i was worried about my machine for a sec thinking that maybe its loosing something. I have had stacks like this before but not with boris elements.

strypes, it seems you eat this stuff for health reasons. How long have you been doing this?

""""
October 09, 2008 01:56AM
Sorry for the late reply... i'm busy playing soldiers this week, so on top of pumping out 6 digital betas the night before, I'm doing amazingly long hours..

Boris is an image generator, not exactly sure if it works the way I think it does, but the math is likely to be more complicated than a 3-way CC.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics