Blur out date on VHS footage

Posted by CaseyPetersen 
Blur out date on VHS footage
October 08, 2008 06:04PM
This is an easy one, but the answer is escaping me...maybe my insomnia is catching up with me.

I have VHS footage that has the stupid date and stupid time imprinted on the footage...furthermore it is the WRONG stupid date and stupid time.

What's the best way to blur that out?

Thanks!
Casey
Re: Blur out date on VHS footage
October 08, 2008 06:18PM
[www.lafcpug.org]

www.derekmok.com
October 08, 2008 06:20PM
Thanks!

I did a search in the above search bar, but apparently that doesn't access the wiki.

Casey
October 08, 2008 06:43PM
There's a big "FAQ Wiki" icon on the left. Click on it and then just do an APPLE-F.

www.derekmok.com
Anonymous User
October 09, 2008 08:17AM
Either "Crop" your footage (Motion Tab Settings) to move the timecode out of frame. Or, duplicate your video so it is on two tracks (one above the other). Then "Crop" the upper layer or use a Garbage Matte around the timecode. Then apply a Gaussian Blur or such to the upper layer. You can feather the edges of the upper layer so the blur isn't solid or harsh on the edges. Try it out, if this isn't clear... let me know where you get stuck.
October 09, 2008 09:18AM
Thanks!

I actually ended up using a Diffuse filter instead of a Gaussian Blur, and I liked the results better, it seemed to blend the background video a little better instead of being a more white blur.

I was kind of hoping there would be a filter or something that was a bit more automatic (million dollar idea, anyone!).

Casey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics