am i doing it right?

Posted by FunLand 
am i doing it right?
October 13, 2008 05:05PM
alright so my first snowboard feature is complete. its 21 minutes in length. i have probably like 10 minutes of bonus footage. i am just wanting to make sure i am doing everything right...

so i exported using quicktime. it shows up as standard 4:3 even though i shot everything in widescreen. all my fcp settings are correct. so i go into quicktime pro and change it over to 853 by 480. is that the correct size? i read it online in an apple tutorial that that must be done sometimes? half of my footage is filmed on hd and the other half is dvx.

now i will be using dvdsp and i just want to make sure things are all correct because it would blow to get back a few thousand dvds that weren't burned correctly or the right format. any tips or pointers would be much appreciated.

thanks,
keaten

funland-films.com
Re: am i doing it right?
October 13, 2008 05:12PM
No, don't change the resolution in QT. Take the QT and Bring it into Compressor to create your MPEG2 and audio files. Use a 16:9 preset. Take the resulting files into DVDSP. It will read them correctly.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Re: am i doing it right?
October 13, 2008 05:37PM
Yeah, don't change the resolution. There is a zillion post on this forum about 16:9 anamorphic and how to use it correctly.

Of course, you're going to do a preview DVD just to make sure everything is right. Instead of burning a bunch of disk to tweek your final master, you can create a disk image (identical to real DVD) in DVDSP and save some time&dime.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics