OT: Blending text for texture

Posted by J.Corbett 
OT: Blending text for texture
October 16, 2008 08:31AM
some text is obviously just text sitting on top of footage. Other text seems to merge with the footage.

i have been seeing a lot of tv ad that have the text looking like it was filmed into the seen.

i.e.
Allstate has a commercial where an accident happens and the person is looking around the car while text pops-up saying things like " Am I ok " or " what happened ".

The WB often have promos on about their prime time line up where the text seems to be a part of the footage.

> i have tried some things to recreate this perfect blend for text but it still seems to sit on top of the footage.

so i ask.

Is this blending something thats done with fcp or is it a an element that is best created with Motion or Shake?

How much difference does the footage make in traditional text elements being added. Meaning that does the same default text element look the same sitting on 720p as it would dv if the element has no blending done to it?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Blending text for texture (almost invoking THE JOE)
October 16, 2008 09:05AM
>The WB often have promos on about their prime time line up where the text seems to
>be a part of the footage.

1. Try to provide a screen shot or a more visual example.

2. Try to avoid mentioning the mods with a demonstrative pronoun such as "this", "that", "the", etc...

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: OT: Blending text for texture
October 16, 2008 12:07PM
Use composite modes?

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Re: OT: Blending text for texture
October 16, 2008 02:44PM
i have been trying the blends for a while and it gets kinda close but the slightly grainy, edges with no separation from the footage, text faces seem to be the identical texture match to human faces.

How much difference does the footage make in traditional text elements being added. Meaning that does the same default text element look the same sitting on 720p as it would dv or 1080i.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics