Auto Closed Caption

Posted by J.Corbett 
Auto Closed Caption
October 20, 2008 12:24PM
i am recording board meeting for a local company. I would like to ad closed captioning. Everyone os speaking into a nice clean mic 95% of the time.

is there something i can get to interpret the voices and create the ClosedCap?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Auto Closed Caption
October 20, 2008 12:28PM
If only things were that simple...

Interpret voices? Yeah, there is software for that. But automatically closed caption? Nope, gotta do this the expensive way. Either dub at a post house with that encoded (and you have to provide timecoded transcripts to a transcription company and they will make the closed caption file), or you can use MacCaption...but again, you need time coded transcripts.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
October 20, 2008 02:36PM
if the mic is REALLY THAT clear you might try two computers and one of those text to speech packages. but thats just going to result in a text file - and youd spend as much time editing and correcting that as just doing it yourself...
October 20, 2008 04:21PM
There's a company in Rockville, Maryland that does a great job with this -- they can transcribe and caption for you (more expensive) or provide the transcript (much cheaper) Forget those voice recognition programs - you must train them to a particular voice - reading pre-digested copy (I have MacSpeach) - one of the best packages out there - and it works great if you train to your voice - have someone else speak into your profile - as they say in NY Faghetaboutit.

Here's that company's web site
Closed Captioning Company
October 22, 2008 11:34AM
I guess another alternative would be doing subtitles on a DVD, although I've never done that before...it seems like it would be a little time consuming, but maybe doing this in conjunction with Wayne's idea of doing the speech to text might work.

Casey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics