DV Green Screen and SQ PXL Animation

Posted by jeff p 
DV Green Screen and SQ PXL Animation
October 21, 2008 09:55PM
Hi folks, I'd like to get some opinions as to the best workflow/ settings for the following:

I'm doing a cheepie music video for the web (Youtube).
I shot Live Action DV footage (VX1000!) against a green screen. Pulling a perfect key is not a concern, however I'd like to note that I've achieved surprisingly good results using the Foundry's plug-in in AEcs3.
I am doing cut-out style animation within AE and will export QTs of both keyed-DV footage and animation for import into FCP 5.1.
I do intend to mix the footage and animation within the same shot - Not exactly like in "Roger Rabbit," but there will be some interaction between the two, timed to the music track. Plus I will have scrolling Karaoke-style Text at the bottom of the screen.

I don't want to do all of this in AE. For one, the sound scrubbing is horrible IMO. I'm doing all of this on a G4 powerbook (2G RAM, 1.65Ghz) with the media on a 500gig FW800 and things can get quite slow.

Considering the KEYING of DV Footage + Animation + Text with the final output being the 'Tube, what would the be the best Export settings from AE to FCP, as well as Sequence settings in FCP?

Thanks for your time and expertise.

Jeff P

"You won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes, no matter what your dreams might be..."
Re: DV Green Screen and SQ PXL Animation
October 23, 2008 07:03AM
>I've achieved surprisingly good results using the Foundry's plug-in in AEcs3

Just to point out, The Foundry has released Keylight for Final Cut too... [www.thefoundry.co.uk]

>what would the be the best Export settings from AE to FCP, as well as Sequence settings
>in FCP?

I would work in Uncompressed 4:2:2.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: DV Green Screen and SQ PXL Animation
October 23, 2008 07:59PM
I checked, but Keylight is only for FCP 6, I'm on 5.1, but thanks Gerard, for the suggestion.

Export from AE and Work uncompressed in FCP on my G4 Powerbook?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics