Need plug in for 8mm or 16mm Gate look over HD footage

Posted by zzyzx films 
Need plug in for 8mm or 16mm Gate look over HD footage
November 04, 2008 07:02PM
Have all the G, CHV, Nattress filters for film. They all work great! However, I really want to give this HD footage that pulled back to reveal the Film Frame look. Any suggestions? Any plug in that will give it that? I remember back in the FCP 3 days there being one that you could drag/drop then step into the settings and choose 8mm, 16mm etc.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Need plug in for 8mm or 16mm Gate look over HD footage
November 05, 2008 06:44PM
After grading the footage all blurry with chroma damage (maybe pushing the film so it's a little reddish).

Then create a dirty border with hairs in the gate in Photoshop and overlay it on the footage.

Then nest the sequence and add Nattress or the CHV FX with gate weave and dirt/scratches.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
November 05, 2008 06:54PM
Oh and duplicate the footage twice and put one above and one below -1 and +1 frame out of sync with the slightest border between the frames...

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
November 05, 2008 07:21PM
Knocked this up in 5 mins with a photo from Amsterdam...

All you would do is use video instead of the still layers.

November 06, 2008 10:30AM
Ben! Ben! Ben! Thanks so much for this. Worked like a charm! Had some help from a great friend of mine as well... Andy Neil!

Thanks again for all your help.
November 06, 2008 10:36AM
No problem - often I find Photoshop is the single best, quickest solution for many things FCP or AVID.

Its an app I think should be made part of EVERY NLE setup from offline to online!

November 06, 2008 10:37AM
I'm waiting for Apple to buy it and make it a core part of the OS.

November 06, 2008 10:47AM
LOL - Even an old copy of CS or CS2 that you might pick up for a pittance is worth it - although CS3 and bringing in QT Movies into it is really useful.

Even if its just to edit, convert and crop images to bring into FCP. Priceless.

Its one of the reasons I take my MBP to edits using other peoples kit because if they don't have PS then I know at some point it will slow down the edit.

November 06, 2008 11:11AM
Funny thing is... I have the entire CS3 suite. Just haven't had the time to sit and learn all of the CS 3 suite. That's the issue. I need to take the time and learn it!!! FCP? No worries, have that one locked. Thanks again Ben!
November 06, 2008 11:28AM
Let's not get confused here...Photoshop CS3 and Photoshop CS3 EXTENDED are 2 totally different apps. The regular CS3 Suite is NOT what you want. CS3 EXTENDED allows import of video / 3D images.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

November 06, 2008 11:30AM

I'm waiting for Apple to buy it and make it a core part of the OS.

LOL...AAAAaahhhhh...that was a good one. smiling bouncing smiley

November 06, 2008 11:32AM

Thanks again Ben!

You are welcome...

Aye Joey... CS3 EXTENDED... thats the puppy...

Not tried it with 3D yet though!

November 06, 2008 11:36AM
You are right on, Ben...no NLE set-up should be without it! smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics