unwanted Aspect or Distortion Jumps

Posted by J.Corbett 
unwanted Aspect or Distortion Jumps
November 13, 2008 07:55AM
dont tell anyone but I have a wedding that i did last year. all of the media is still on my machine.

Nothing has changed with the stills that are in the project. And there has been only 1 fxfactory up date (203 to 204).

What's happening is that every still seems to be jumping aspect or in distortion at the transition point. (100 stills) When the still is meeting video it jumps twice.

To describe the jump it would be like, a still at normal then as the transition begins it will still be normal but about 5 frames before the center point of the trans it jumps to like +15 distortion. When the still meets a video clip it jumps twice from the normal to +15 then -15 the the next still coming out of the video clip into the still doesn't jump.
so from video to still doesn't jump. From still to still there is 1 jump. From still to video 2 jumps.

About the video media:
the capture scratch has been recently moved to a faster drive but when the project opens up it all connects.

About my renders:
the renders are not penetrating thru the nest. i have to open each nest and render. Some of my nest are 3-4 deep. It is only on this project that it happens.

Tittle are doing the same but the simply distort and then shift left.

Any ideas would be helpful.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: unwanted Aspect or Distortion Jumps
November 13, 2008 08:44AM
Haven't seen the distortion jumps. Check if they are keyframed, and also check if they are scaled down for FCP.

>About my renders

You don't have to open each nest and render. It's the same quality. Also, avoid nesting where possible and avoid excessive nesting like the plague. This isn't AE where you pre-comp. You bloat up project size, renders take longer, as there are more parameters to calculate.

www.strypesinpost.com
November 13, 2008 09:56AM
See thats the crazy thing. Normally i could render the master nest and all of the nest would be rendered. But in this 1 project it will not.

thats why i have to open each nest and render. Never seen it do this before.

And the sudden jumps at the transition is never seen b4.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
November 13, 2008 09:59AM
"About my renders:
the renders are not penetrating thru the nest. i have to open each nest and render. Some of my nest are 3-4 deep. It is only on this project that it happens. "

"You don't have to open each nest and render"

sometimes you do.

sometimes they just don't "take"
(changes done INSDIE the nest are not recognised outside the nest)
you have to force that to happen by muting the top most nest, and then un-muting.
or anything that will force it to re-render, like adjusting opacity or whatever.
muting & un-muting (Control B) is easiest.

this would mean re-rendering everything in the nest, maybe your entire timeline
so another workaround is to blade just that section and force a re-render on that.

but nest within nests?
that's making life hard for yourself.

nick
November 13, 2008 10:19AM
>sometimes they just don't "take"

Isn't the way I'm interpreting the statement. When you make changes in a nest and it doensn't "take", force a render on the nest (ctrl B for me too).

But to open up the nested sequence, render that, then go back to the original sequence and render the nest is unnecessary. FCP will render the footage from the original source files, effect by effect, layer by layer anyway.

www.strypesinpost.com
November 13, 2008 10:33AM
strypes
FCP will render the footage from the original source files, effect by effect, layer by layer anyway.

i have had that happen in every project accept this one. I am gonna try the control B thing too. but it is quite amazing that this particular seq has a different behavior than all of my previous and post projects. Its been happening every since i first finished the edit.

The distortion is not keyed. It could be in the render. when i opened this to re-encode, with my new strypes custom setting, i just did a normal render before conversion, burned and then there was those distort jumps in the dvd.
I opened fcp and saw them there and now it hell tryin' ta fix it.

""""
November 13, 2008 10:52AM
I suspect it could be in the nests. Sometimes nests and layers do not behave the way I expect them to over a transition. My solution has always been to "bake them in" by exporting a QT movie and running the transition over that. See if that solves the problem.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics