Changing the sequence Time base

Posted by katz 
Changing the sequence Time base
November 28, 2008 06:57PM
I imported a project into studio 2 that the sequence settings were origionaly DV NTSC 48K 29.97. My current sequence settings for studio 2 are DV NTSC 48 K- 23.98 . How can I get the sequence back to 29.97?
Thanks,
Paul
Re: Changing the sequence Time base
November 28, 2008 07:30PM
You can open sequence settings cmd-zero and change, provided you have put nothing in sequence. Once you've put a clip into the sequence the timebase is locked. You have to make a new sequence and copy and paste your clips into the new sequence.
November 28, 2008 07:33PM
Yeah Tom...Exactly what I'm doing right now...Thanks!!!
November 28, 2008 08:13PM
OK Tom,
If I make the settings in audio/video settings
Sequence presetgrinning smileyV NTSC 48kHz and the capture preset: DV NTSC 48 kHz
when I import a project into Studio2 it should have those settings Correct?
I want a 29.97 sequence. I did this but when I checked the sequence setting it was 23.98!
What's up?
Thanks,
Paul
November 28, 2008 08:27PM
You can't import a project into another project. You can drag a sequence from one project to another project, but that's not going to change any of its parameters including its timebase.
November 28, 2008 08:37PM
Thanks! It was from an ealier version of FCP............
The Question I want to know is: when you change those Audio/Video Settings just under easy setup.. that defines what your sequence format is Yes? 23.98 or 29.97 whatever your choose..yes?
November 28, 2008 08:45PM
Only for any subsequent sequences you create, not for any existing sequences.
November 28, 2008 08:45PM
No. The "easy setup" you choose just defines a template for new timelines you create. You can change the "easy setup" all night long if you want to, and it won't change a single thing about any of the timelines you've already got in your project.

It is not possible to change the time base of a timeline with footage in it. What you can do, as Tom said, is create a new timeline, and paste all your stuff from the other timeline into the new one. Then you should take great care to examine every edit on your new timeline, because copy-and-pasting stuff from one timebase to another can introduce single-frame misalignments in your edits, where rather than going from the out frame to the in frame, it goes to a single frame of black before the next in frame. Watch out for that.

November 29, 2008 02:30AM
And watch on an external monitor. Some of those frame-rate discrepancies are invisible on a timeline but pop out when playing on an external monitor.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics