Can't open P2

Posted by Dom Stevenson 
Can't open P2
December 03, 2008 02:36AM
I'm going crazy trying to open a P2 card. I have watched (and re-watched) a Shane Ross tutorial and a Ripple tutorial on the subject and read many articles, but it's still not working.

The first thing i did was rename the folder which was called No Name . Is this where i went wrong?
How do i get back from here? I no longer have the p2 card, just a folder with the CONTENTS folder and last clip.text file in it

I have got to a point where i end up with the icon's in my browser, but not much else.

Any ideas please?
Re: Can't open P2
December 03, 2008 04:06AM
What did you name the folder? Be sure NOT to have any symbols like # or / or -. So no Card #1, Card/1 or anything like that. Note the names I use in the tutorial.

Do you have a demo version of FX FActory installed? Early version (version 1)? These interfered with P2 import. Uninstall them if you do.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
December 03, 2008 04:19AM
Thanks for getting back Shane.

I did have a demo of FX factory but i've trashed it after reading an article by you. To no avail.

I think i just put the name of the job and tape number on the folder. Now it's back in a folder called no name as i attempted to cover my tracks.

There is a padlock on the last clip.text file if that's relevant? I did try unlocking it but got the same result.

I have the original p2 card (and 9 more waiting to be re-formatted) back at my place of work, but i thought i'd get this one up and running first. Not having much success so far.
December 03, 2008 04:44AM
Aha!

Turns out I hadn't completely got rid of FX factory, but now I have i think i've cracked it.

Thanks for your help Shane.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics