GridIron Flow

Posted by Chuck Spaulding 
GridIron Flow
November 06, 2008 02:06AM
At the FCPUG meeting at NAB GridIron had a table in the vendor area and was showing an asset management/version tracking software called Flow.

What happened to it? It looked very cool and might be a nice alternative for anyone who doesn't want to spend the time and money it takes to set up Final Cut Server.

Anyone tried this?
Re: GridIron Flow
November 06, 2008 03:05AM
What happened? It's here and shipping. And coming to lafcpug in Jan 09 to demo. It's WAY cool.

Michael Horton
-------------------
November 06, 2008 09:27AM
Shipping? I don't think that's correct, Michael. I just got an email from the Gridiron guys a few weeks ago saying that the beta program was delayed. It's definitely not shipping yet.

November 06, 2008 09:58AM
Nope...still in BETA...taking pre-orders.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

November 06, 2008 11:53AM
Well shoot. Thought it was. Yep, not shipping. Hmm. I hate demos of products that aren't shipping. maybe I will wait until they do unless they ship by Jan 22.

Michael Horton
-------------------
November 06, 2008 11:54AM
It looks like VERY hot stuff, but it's also been setting off my too-good-to-be-true alarm for months now. I hope I'm wrong about that.

November 06, 2008 04:44PM
So you're showing that at the MacWorld SuperMeet, Mike?

I'm becoming asset-challenged, but Server is overkill for my house.

- Loren
November 06, 2008 08:09PM
Loren Miller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So you're showing that at the MacWorld SuperMeet,
> Mike?
>
> I'm becoming asset-challenged, but Server is
> overkill for my house.
>
> - Loren

That's the same for us. FC Server is definitely cool but way to difficult to deploy. However, the problem that I see for asset management applications, and therefore maybe the reason for the long delay, is that no other asset management application can parse the FCP project file so it makes it difficult to do version control and archiving.

Any other suggestions for asset management applications?
November 06, 2008 08:56PM
No, we don't do products at SuperMeets very often. I have them scheduled for the Jan 22 lafcpug meeting.

Michael Horton
-------------------
December 03, 2008 02:49AM
Has anyone heard any more about this product or in the public beta and could share their experiences?
December 03, 2008 07:55AM
According to the Web site and what I've heard from the Gridiron guys, there is no beta yet. The product is still in development.

December 03, 2008 09:10PM
Apple should include this software to replace media manager.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics