SmoothCam clips won't stay rendered

Posted by CaseyPetersen 
SmoothCam clips won't stay rendered
December 04, 2008 10:24AM
Here's a weird problem:

If I put SmoothCam on a clip and am using it in my timeline. I can render it, but whenever I quit FCP and open it again, all my SmoothCam clips need to be rendered again. I could export a SCQT if I wanted to, but I shouldn't have to re-render this clip every time I quit and restart FCP.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Casey
Re: SmoothCam clips won't stay rendered
December 04, 2008 03:51PM
is the smooth cam applied to a subclip or a master clip?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
December 04, 2008 03:56PM
I export the clip I want to SmoothCam to a self contained QuickTime, then I import that file and apply the SmoothCam filter. When it's finished processing, it just needs to be rendered. That's the clip that won't keep the rendered file after I close out FCP. It doesn't have to process again, it just has to render again.
December 04, 2008 04:20PM
i have seen this before also but i never figured it out. Once it was because i didnt ex/import. and once to a master clip. i just left the project open and finished in 2 days.

but trust me some here probably knows.

as a wildcard when you open the project next time and render ex/import the clip with smooth cam applied. you will loose a teensy weensy bit of clarity but you will have baked that smooth cam effect in.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
December 04, 2008 05:03PM
Casey, there was a recent thread that sounds similar to this. Any help?

Scott
December 05, 2008 09:10AM
Hmm...I'm not sure.

Ironically, I shut down my computer last night and when I booted up this morning, the rendered clip was there!

It's only a 7 second clip, so re-rendering it these past few days is more of a nuisance than anything else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics