FCS2....what to install???

Posted by Ewoo 
FCS2....what to install???
December 10, 2008 11:05AM
Hi all,

I am installing FCS2 on a new system and am wondering whether or not to install some of the content such as the "Audio Content for Soundtrack Pro" , "Motion Content" and "LiveFonts and LiveType Media". All this content seems to make up well over half of the potential size of the package and I save a lot of hard drive space without it.....I guess I can always add it later if needed (I have never used soundtrack and only occasionally use Motion and Livetype - although I may start using these more - how useful do people out there find the content for these apps???). Also, are there any implications for either adding in the content later or deleting it from my system later if I need the space (causing application instability etc???).

Any tips greatly appreciated,

EW
Re: FCS2....what to install???
December 10, 2008 11:48AM
The stuff available is pretty nice, but not absolutely neccessary. I actually installed all that extra content on an external hard drive, and can hook it up when needed (in 10 months since I got FCS2, about 5 or 6 times.) I'd suggest doing that- it's handy to have available, but you don't need it on your boot drive.

----
www.JamesNWeber.com - Socially Aware Media

and introducing-
www.FCPTutorials.com - One source for all Final Cut Tutorials
Re: FCS2....what to install???
December 11, 2008 11:45PM
Seconded. Never can tell when those goodies will be useful, and components like Soundtrack Pro 2, Motion 3, DVD Studio Pro 4 (which installs lots of neat templates and menu elements) plus Compressor 3 are standouts in the suite.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Apply your default audio transition instantly
with Command-Option - T !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics