filter applied to clip in browser?

Posted by smyth 
filter applied to clip in browser?
May 28, 2006 09:08AM
Hi,
When I trim a clip in the veiwer, let's say a 10 second clip from a 20 minute main clip in the browser.
and I put it on my time line, then apply a filter to the clip on the timeline.
the filter is automaticly applied to the whole clip in the browser?
How do I stop that from happening?
Thanks
Mitch
Re: filter applied to clip in browser?
May 28, 2006 09:40AM
> and I put it on my time line, then apply a filter to the clip on the timeline.
> the filter is automaticly applied to the whole clip in the browser?

It wouldn't do that. What you're probably did is that you put In and Out points, put the clip into the timeline, then put a filter on the clip in the Viewer. But you never opened the copy of the clip from the timeline, so the Viewer still has your master clip in it, which was opened from the Browser.

First cut the clip into the timeline, then double-click on that clip *in* the timeline to open just that one copy of the clip.
Re: filter applied to clip in browser?
May 28, 2006 05:56PM
First cut the clip into the timeline, then double-click on that clip *in* the timeline to open just that one copy of the clip.

Right....THEN add the filter. You can then make any adjustments to the filter in the Viewer's Filters Tab. Monitor how the filter is affecting the clip in the Canvas simultaneously.

For more workflow tips related to FX, please check out my book, "Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro".

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics