LiveType Setup for DV NTSC Anamorphic?

Posted by wbraud 
LiveType Setup for DV NTSC Anamorphic?
December 17, 2008 01:55PM
Anyone have the proper Project Properties to set up LiveType for DV NTSC Anamorphic ( 16:9 ) projects? THANKS.

Wallace Braud / Wallace Braud Production Services
Freelance Production . Post-Production Support
Director . DP/Cameraman . Editor
Re: LiveType Setup for DV NTSC Anamorphic?
December 17, 2008 02:46PM
There is no 16:9 / anamorphic setting. And having to "distort" the file does make it a bit less clean. Thanks, though.

Wallace Braud / Wallace Braud Production Services
Freelance Production . Post-Production Support
Director . DP/Cameraman . Editor
December 17, 2008 03:03PM
In LiveType project properties use the NTSC DV preset and change the aspect ratio from 0.9 to 1.25.
December 17, 2008 10:27PM
I use the 720i HD option. Can't remember if that's exactly it?? Then scale it down after I bring it into my SD sequence. I think Tom's way is better. Font size is tricky when you start working across codecs.

I had to bang out about 20 titles the other day and had just this problem. I'd never used LiveType before but it was pretty easy after I got going. I'd been given a short example of a video that had been edited on an Avid so I could emulate the titles and transitions in FCP. I worked quite hard at making my piece look like the example. A couple of days later the producer says they like my look better so they're going with it??! Not sure weather I should smile or cringe? At any rate, they're going back to the drawing board with the Avid cut stuff to see if they can juice up the titles a bit (haha.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics