59.94 offline workflow

Posted by Adam Duplay 
59.94 offline workflow
January 07, 2009 08:40PM
What offline format do you guys usually use for DVCPRO HD material shot at 59.94? Anamorphic SD @ 29.97? Does the frame-rate cause sync issues in online?

Thank you,
Adam
Re: 59.94 offline workflow
January 07, 2009 08:50PM
DVCPRO HD is only 100 Mbps. That basically is an offline. Increasingly features are being offlined in DVCPRO HD for either a film finish, or a 2K or HDCAM SR online.

If you happened to shoot in DVCPRO HD, congratulations. Your online IS your offline.

January 08, 2009 05:28AM
I'm with Jeff. If you shot DvcproHD, you should be editing native.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 08, 2009 11:14AM
I have yet to offline edit DVCPRO HD. Always worked at full res.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 08, 2009 11:23AM
There's the MM Recompress option, which you can use to run offline edits, if you plan to offline edits on a FW drive and laptop on your Florida vacation (and have all your rushes with you).

But you need to keep the original full resolution QT, or you won't be able to reconnect back to the mxfs.

But say... Isn't 59.94 just a confusing HD term for 29.97? Unless it is 60p.. Coz here, 50i is actually 25fps (50 fields a second).

www.strypesinpost.com
January 08, 2009 12:37PM
That is a workflow that I outline in the 2008 Supermeet magazine....

[www.lafcpug.org]

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
January 08, 2009 12:39PM
But it need NOT be captured at full resolution Strypes. You are assuming that they are shooting P2. Most likely they have DVCPRO HD on tape. Yes, you can capture at DV resolution. But there might be hiccups with the workflow because of the 29.97/59.94 frame rates. That is why when I first looked at this format I decided to edit full resolution. Offline/online just isn't worth the effort. Drives are cheaper than the time you'd spend onlining.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
January 08, 2009 01:01PM
>Most likely they have DVCPRO HD on tape.

Ah! I forgot about that. They got so synonymous with P2 after a while also with the competition against the XDCAM format.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics