MXF Files

Posted by Sam11115 
MXF Files
January 08, 2009 04:00PM
I'm trying to edit some material that exists on a drive on MXF Files. Will FCP import these directly, or do they have to be converted to Quicktime files? and if that's the case,- how do I go about doing that?
Re: MXF Files
January 08, 2009 04:08PM
Do they originate from P2 or Firestore? The log and transfer function in FCP 6 should help you a lot with that, also, make sure you have the entire directory structure.

[www.lafcpug.org]

www.strypesinpost.com
January 09, 2009 05:32AM
Depending on the source / encapsulated codec you might want to make use of MXF4Mac's MXF4QT Import or Calibrated Q's MXF Import both of which will allow you to import and use compatible MXF files directly in FCP without transcode or rewrap

[mxf4mac.com]
[www.calibratedsoftware.com]
January 12, 2009 02:43PM
Files originated on Panasonic camera- so I'm assuming that means they originated from P2. I'm trying to do a friend a favor- can I import these files into FCP for editing as is, or do I need additional software to convert it to something friendlier? He has very little money to pay for any type of conversion. We just want to string material together so we can view what he shot in Dailies form.

thanks, Sam
January 12, 2009 04:18PM
Do you have the entire complete P2 card structure? Contents folder with 6 sub folders, or do you only have loose MXF files? Here is the proper P2 workflow with FCP...

[library.creativecow.net]

Now, if you only have the MXF files, you might need to resort to third party MXF solutions, like Raylight, Calibrated or MXF4QT.

And if those MXF files are just loosey-goosey, then I suggest a FIRM talking to the person who managed those files, and a slap on the face, er, wrist.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics