view > image+wireframe mystery keystroke

Posted by wayne granzin 
view > image+wireframe mystery keystroke
January 18, 2009 04:54PM
it seems that sporadically my view mode goes from image+wireframe back to just image for no apparent reason. whats more, when i toggle back to image+wireframe i now have to click the dead center crosshairs to move the clip, where before i could click anywhere on the selected clip...

i wonder if i might be accidentally hitting some mystery keystroke by accident - as it seems to happen when im in a prolonged edit session...
Re: view > image+wireframe mystery keystroke
January 18, 2009 05:03PM
The mystery key is W. Don't know about the second part. I've never seen that, unless the image is very small.
January 18, 2009 05:50PM
thanks tom! - yeah, i cant quite figure that second part either...

i cant imagine myself hitting the W key accidentally. wonder if whatever anomaly is triggering the toggle is also jacking with the "click-ability" of the canvas???
January 18, 2009 06:17PM
It's more likely that it happens when you're trying to hit CONTROL-W and APPLE-W, the command keys aren't registering. Could also be that those keys have been weakened on your keyboard. Hell, I know the W command well and I hit it by accident sometimes.

> wonder if whatever anomaly is triggering the toggle is also jacking with the "click-ability" of the
> canvas???

That seems possible as well -- if your CONTROL or APPLE keys are stuck, for example. Have you tried swapping keyboards?

www.derekmok.com
January 18, 2009 08:49PM
yeah derek its happened with both my old school and new apple low pro keyboards.

and i very rarely or ever use command w in fcp. i might be hitting it accidentally when shooting for an a, s or q? but considering the un-selectable problem, im leaning anomaly...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics