Massive Disconnect

Posted by Scott Erickson 
Massive Disconnect
June 01, 2006 10:17AM
Recently I opened a project file im working on that has hours and hours and hours of footage and got a disconnected media warning for 300 clips. Yikes right? Especially since nothing had changed on the drives.

Anyway, When i got to reconnect the clips, all it shows for file name is a comma, even when i try to only reconnect one clip at a time. Even the clip name is there, the reconnect menu only shows it as a comma and hence won;t reconnect. The media files are all there and backed up but for whatever reason FCP doesn;t want to talk to them any more.

How can i get back to normality? Im thinking i can go back to an older project file when they were connected and drag the bins over but then will my timelines readjust to those new bins and clips? What's the process here?

Thanks...
Re: Massive Disconnect
June 01, 2006 11:48AM
> How can i get back to normality? Im thinking i can go back to an older
> project file when they were connected and drag the bins over but then will
> my timelines readjust to those new bins and clips? What's the process here?

No, your timelines won't update on their own.

Do you have illegal file names in your media? It could also be a project-file corruption. Try moving everything to a new project file.

Whenever you have an illogical media disconnect (for example, the drive is still connected, the files are present), it's very important that you don't save the project file after opening it. First thing to always try is to shut down the application, relaunch, and then re-open the project file.

If you don't have a regular backup process, you need to start one. I never go more than three or four hours without a manual backup to multiple locations (including an external medium), because Autosave is not reliable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics