XDCAM EX to DVCAM tape.....

Posted by FindonChrispy 
XDCAM EX to DVCAM tape.....
February 04, 2009 11:37AM
Help! Trying to sort someone else's mess out! Please advise!

I Need to get some programs that were filmed in and qt'd to XDCAM EX 1080i, off to a company that need them on tape. I have tested this by laying the XDCAM qt's onto a DV anamorphic timeline, rendering and then playing out to tape.

I tried laying to tape from an XDCAM EX timeline but had problems with no audio, when using the Kona card and component setting on the DSR45 deck that i am using hence the version of events that detailed before and follows....

I have then recaptured the footage to find that the audio has gone from being split (cam audio left channel, music in the right) to both channels one and two being panned to the middle. No bother as i can split them again easily, but wonder am i doing anything wrong?
Re: XDCAM EX to DVCAM tape.....
February 04, 2009 05:06PM
> I have tested this by laying the XDCAM qt's onto a DV anamorphic timeline, rendering and then
>playing out to tape.

If your DV deck has SDI inputs, then I would send out a downconverted SDI signal from the Kona. Otherwise, I will send a downconverted component signal through the Kona. Probably set timeline to XDCAM EX, and if that requires mpeg2 conforming, I'll render it out either in ProResHQ or Uncompressed 10 bit if I have the space and hard drive capability, but basically let the Kona do the downconvert instead of FCP.

>I have then recaptured the footage to find that the audio has gone from being split (cam audio
>left channel, music in the right) to both channels one and two being panned to the middle.

As long as the audio signal are still discrete channels (aka iso tracks) in the QT file, you can set audio output to "dual mono".

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics