need help in completing a project,

Posted by abisair 
need help in completing a project,
February 02, 2009 11:34PM
well hello to everyone im kinda new to this whole thing in video editing. well i have use imovie but when i got FCP it was a whole new level for me. now my question is can anyone help me on completing my project. i have a movie in the timeline which is 4hr 55 min i know this movie is too long. i need some help on how i can burn into a dvd. i dont think i made alot of changes on how the quality should be.

well i try to export to quicktime but its just taking too long around 36 hrs to complete export. then i export it using compressor but then im stuck from there i dont know what to do next to burn in isto a dvd, can someone help me to change the setting so i can be able to burn i try using mpeg4 but im still confuse. i dont care in what format i use or what resolution i get im just trying to burn in a dvd. also im using DVD-DL because i know the file is big once i get into the DVD-dl i should be ok. if anyones knows what my problem is. or any help on how to complete this i would appreciated,
Re: need help in completing a project,
February 02, 2009 11:52PM
Wow, there's so much here that it will be difficult, if not impossible to help you through this. I don't mean to be rude but the place to start is for you to help yourself. I say that as nicely as I can and you might find its much easier than you think.

I'd start with a subscription to Lynda.com. Its inexpensive and with about 20 to 30 hours of watching tutorials on FCP, Compressor, and DVD Studio Pro you won't be an expert but you will be able to organize your thoughts and question in a way that we might have a prayer of helping you.

It might sound like a lot, but you'll be surprised how much more this will all make sense if you can watch those tutorials.

Sorry I couldn't ne more helpful.

Good luck
February 03, 2009 06:52AM
in my opinion, the best way to export for a DVD is to export a Quicktime Movie, same settings, self contained.
then run that thru compressor.

using FCP to do some sort of conversion, or "Exporting via Compressor" will only take a LOT LONGER than exporting as a Quicktime movie, and tie FCP up inordinately.

i wonder why it's taking so long to export?
is the timeline fully rendered?
my guess it isnt.
(in the sequence menu > render all, make sure the grey "full" quality setting is ticked)

of course rendering will take time itself, but then the export will be faster.
you'll really notice this if you have to re-export for some minor error.

nick
February 05, 2009 06:38AM
Thanks guys for your help what I decided to do was to make the movie into 2 instead of 4 hrs long I made in in 2 movies 2 hrs long it was much faster when it render and also converting to QuickTime I guess I should be able to put it in a DVD now since it's much shorter thanks guys for your comments
February 05, 2009 09:01AM
Please use punctuation...this isn't text messaging, and that last message was impossible to read!

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics