UFO Voice Over

Posted by Jay Beeson 1 
UFO Voice Over
February 05, 2009 01:02AM
Hi All----
I know this is the wrong forum for this question but the seems to be very little traffic
on the Sound Track Pro forum and even fewer answers--

Yesterday (Tuesday) I was helping my room mate clean some parts to his drum kit
when I looked up in the sky and saw a airliner leaving a contrail and then I noticed
a Glowing ball that looked to be about a half mile behind the plane-

We watched the ball for about 5 minutes and we figured it must be a weather balloon
or something because the ball did not seem to be moving at all-

My room mate went in and got his 8X binoculars and we looked at it
for another minute or so and he said it dose not look
like a balloon -- So I kept a eye on it while he ran inside and got his
video camera that has a 20X optical zoom on it--

In the minute or so that it took him to grab his cam the Ball had moved
from about a 10 o clock position in the eastern sky to straight over head-

Now knowing that we were looking at something Very strange I ran inside
to grab a tripod so we could get a steady shot of the Glowing ball -

By the time I got back out side the Glowing ball had Zipped off at high speed to the east
and it went behind the tree line and finally we could not see it any more because
the roof of my home was blocking our view totally

we went inside and loaded the video into FCP and we watched the video-
I have no clue what it was but it dose not look like something from this planet-

Later I called my dad who has been a pilot from the age of 13 (77years as a pilot )
and I described to him what we saw- and asked if he thought it could be a balloon--
He said he doubts a balloon could do what I described to him--

So Now to my Question - I want to do a Voice Over using STP to describe what we
saw before the time we started shooting video--

For some reason I can not monitor the VO using headphones --
I can hear the VO Great when playing the VO track back but I get Zero
over my head phones while I am doing the VO -

I spent all day today trying to figure out what is wrong-
this is the first time I have used STP to do VO but I have
made about 50 music bases for videos that I have made so I am
fairly knowledgeable with STP --

I Turned up all the volume controls that I know of but still No Love--
I went threw the STP manual (Help) and could not find the answer
I am looking for --

So my question is - should I be able to monitor My VO threw
my head phones while doing the VO???

I have tried both the front and back head phone jacks on my G5 tower

I have searched the Forum and not found the answer--

I am using a Sennheiser Me64 with a K6 with battery-
going to the Mic In with a 1/8" mini jack

My Mac is a Dual 2 gig PowerMac tower 2.5 gigs of ram-OSX 10.4.11
FCP 5.1 and STP ---

I figure I must have not checked a box somewhere or something like that???
Anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong???

Thanks for your help --Jay--

Ps
my dad is going to his first FCP Users Group meeting this week end

Also I will post the video here so you can take a look at it --
Re: UFO Voice Over
February 05, 2009 01:45AM
And of course you saw this in the desert in New Mexico, right?

drinking smiley

Go into your system prefs and click on sound and look to the input and output. Play with that and see what happens

another thing to check is sound effects > Make sure the Mute checkbox is not selected, and that the ?Output volume? slider is not all the way to the left.

Michael Horton
-------------------
February 05, 2009 05:32AM
Hey Jay

In STP in the Recording Tab (next to Meters) make sure under the "Monitor" drop down that "Built-in Output" is selected and that in your System prefs (as Mike said) that your headphones are working.

My mother saw a UFO once it was a ball too then it elongated and started zipping in a totally un-human aircraft erratic way then shot off at an incredible speed!

I really want to see an Alien spacecraft. I have however seen and heard several ghosts on different occasions, the scariest was in my Dorm at Uni.

I was awoken rudely from a very vivid dream about an ex-girlfriend (who shall remain nameless tongue sticking out smiley) by what can only be described as a "sharp" sound.

To my horror there was a man in grey flannel overalls with his hands in my wash basin! eye popping smiley

Obviously he'd broken in! But as I reach out of my bed and fumbled for the handle of my kettle (laying next to my bed) like some sort of culinary Ninja, I thought that something didn't seem right about him.

If any of you know me I am a bit of a stickler for detail and as such realised that he wasn't reflecting the light from the window correctly (a sort of orangey/bluish mix of light caused by the curtains and streetlight outside).

In fact it looked like a bad attempt at Chromakey! A bit like a 1980s film such as Superman. thumbs up

So, the more I looked at him, the more I thought I was dreaming... So I went back to my dream about the ex-girlfriend tongue sticking out smiley but by then she'd gone off the boil which pissed me off no end in the morning when I woke up! angry smiley

I walked across the room to get a glass of water only to find that my whiskey tumbler (which was kept in my wash/hand basin at the time) had been smashed like it had been exposed to super-heating then a rapid cooling of the glass!

The glass was laid absolutely flat in the bottom of the basin in tiny diamond like pieces - all smashed including the thick 3/4 inch base!

I immediately remembered the man and freaked out, I didn't tell anyone which was particularly strange for me!

For nearly a week I only went back to my room to get books then stayed in my friends room in a different dorm.

At the end of the week, two of my friends came in to the breakfast hall and were noticeably freaked. I went to ask if they were ok as a guy had been raped on campus during that week and they hadn't caught the perp.

Both looked at me strange and said no, but this guy in a grey flannel overall had followed them down on of the halls and then when they turned around to confront him he had vanished!

On hearing this, another guy (whom I didn't know very well) turned and told us that he seen the same guy on the field between the dorms where we played soccer (proper football that you play with your feet) and that he'd blinked and the guy disappeared in the middle of it with nowhere to hide.

We all went with our concerns to the caretaker of the Student village. An old hippy guy called Neil.

Neil laughed and said there was nothing to worry about and that we were lucky to have seen them! Them? I said. Yes, those are the dead airmen. The guys that died testing planes and who came back to haunt the dorms from time to time.

Our student village had not been built in the 1960s as I had previously thought. Originally built at the turn of the century as barracks for the army and used by test pilots until the 1960s when they had been renovated and later let by the Ministry of Defence to the University!

I still get goosebumps thinking about it...

...and right now the cold chill is running up my spine and all the hairs on my arm are standing on end!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
February 05, 2009 08:01PM
Hi All-

I figured out what I was doing wrong-
I had the Buss mis configured -

Not being a audio guy the buss has always kind of confused me-

Thanks for your help --Jay--
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics