Signs Of a Corrupt File

Posted by J.Corbett 
Signs Of a Corrupt File
February 06, 2009 12:52PM
Ok, so i pulled 2 vts file with Mpeg clip stream from 2 separate dvds (dvcpro50 codec). Both are in the same capture scratch. One i have perused and marked. When this marked master clip plays it plays in both viewer and external monitor in realtime.

The other master clip i just started to mark the other clip it played the first 3mins in both the viewer and the external monitor. Then it quit and no longer plays in both. I am having to choose between mirror on desktop checked and it playing in the viewer or mirror on desktop unchecked and it playing on the external monitor.

The marked clip has TC lines in the external monitor. The unmarked clip does not.

I cut and reimported the clip by both, dragging the clip from the capture scratch into the browser and by going thru the menu file > import > ok.
In either case, i am not getting the white TC line you might see in 16/9 mode on a broadcast monitor.

Theories:

1. I could re-encode it thru compressor.
2. I could pull another MPEG clip stream vts file as dvcpro50.
3. Something Else that i do not know.

What would be your suggestions about this?
Would you guys consider the file corrupt?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics