AU Dynamics Processor audio filter broken?

Posted by FunToBeHad 
AU Dynamics Processor audio filter broken?
February 09, 2009 05:03PM
I have a very large final project file containing many relevant timeline variations that were color corrected and audio mixed within Final Cut Pro 6.03. My Mac OS is now Version 10.5.6 and I am running on a 2.2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon MacPro with 8GB of ram. I am now using FCP 6.05 with recent update to QuickTime 7.6. I output through a AJA Kona3.

The problem is that my audio mix is now all messed up. All audio clips that use the Apple "AU Dynamics Processor" audio filter are now not working as they were the last time I opened the project.

If I disable the audio AU Dynamics Processor filter on any clip that now sounds radically different, or adjust the settings within the filter of a clip there seems to be no problem with the function of the filter itself. But left as they were, the original settings now have a very different response to the audio and yield a unusable result.

I have opened back ups of the project file and it reacts the same on the same clips. As well, other project files that utilize the same source material and audio filter settings are also giving me the same problem.

I have tried trashing my audio render files and rendering again. No fix.
I have tried trashing my preference files. No fix.
I have repaired my disk permissions on a restart. No fix.

Is it possible that now the same audio filter settings mean something different now with a new slightly different software configuration? Has any body heard about this or run into this problem?

Any thoughts? Thanks everyone.

Brian Denny
Re: AU Dynamics Processor audio filter broken?
February 09, 2009 05:14PM
Firstly, you shouldn't upgrade in the middle of a project, unless you have a clone.

I hardly use any of the FCP audio filters as I find them really clunky. There's more efficient and powerful tools in Soundtrack Pro. To me they're more for an extremely rough offline audio balancing rather than audio work IMHO.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 09, 2009 05:22PM
ever since upgrading to fcp 6 im noticing a few random anomalies as well. like clips just missing from the timeline next time the project is opened. not disconnected - just no longer on the timeline...
February 12, 2009 08:56PM
Brian -

I can't help you.. BUT I have noticed the same problem, when I move a project from one
system to another, I get the same thing with the AU Dynamics Processor. I will get a blue/grey
line that I didn't notice till after a few weeks.

Look at this post

[www.lafcpug.org]

maybe we SHOULD use soundtrack.

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics