How to get a voice over to sound like its on the telephone

Posted by msloss 
How to get a voice over to sound like its on the telephone
February 17, 2009 03:40AM
I have some dialogue of a guy talking on a phone to an aswer machine, but we recorded him using the mic straight into the flash card on our sound system. What's the best setting or effect in Soundtrack to change the sound so it sounds like he is on the other end of a phone talking to an answer machine. And is there an effect or setting for the message on the answer machine.

[www.bbc.co.uk]
Re: How to get a voice over to sound like its on the telephone
February 17, 2009 04:46AM
Try using a high pass filter in either fcp or soundtrack, i have used that before with a bit of graphic equaliser to taste........
February 17, 2009 05:43AM
February 17, 2009 08:00AM
...or you can do it the authentic old fashioned way...get a mic and record the voice played over a phone receiver. Can't get more realistic than that.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 17, 2009 08:26AM
Heh. Do you know that a while ago, reverb was recorded in that fashion? They'll pump the sound from one end of a hall and record it from the other end? And plate reverb means exactly that- vibration off metal plates.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 17, 2009 08:31AM
I think Music Man amps in the seventies, and possibly other amps had reverb plates in the bottom of them- lucky if you find one with the reverb still working in it though...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics