FCP thinks it's dropframe when it's not

Posted by Fran 
FCP thinks it's dropframe when it's not
June 04, 2006 11:02AM
My FCP is really buggy. It often loses sync, in addition to other issues. Currently
it thinks it's a drop frame clip. Rolls from 59:29 to 01:02 even though dropframe is not selected in the a?V setting Timeline options menu.

Restarting, opening from project icon or program icon, changed decks, rebuilt layoff clips, smudged sage.

I have 6 layoffs that need to air Monday and I've spent 2 hours with no luck.

PLease help this buggy program!!!!
Re: FCP thinks it's dropframe when it's not
June 04, 2006 04:34PM
What would you like us to say? More often than not , the operator is buggy- not the software! If you set the proper frame rates in the project selection process it should read the timecode correctly. Are you sure the timecode was written correctly?

PLease help this buggy program!!! - This is not a really good way to begin a plea for help from a group that uses FCP day in and day out.

You might start by telling us about the system configuration - which version of FCP and all the other things that might help us to understand what you are experiencing.
Re: FCP thinks it's dropframe when it's not
June 05, 2006 01:14PM
Also, is Drp Frame really an issue? If you're going to air, you *want* to be in DF. Broadcast relies on the clock on the wall. That's what Drop Frame delivers.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Set a Level keyframe with Command-Option K !

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: a professional placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central:
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics