crash when exporting FLV

Posted by Arod 
crash when exporting FLV
February 26, 2009 07:43AM
Hi - I am trying to do a simple file/export/quicktime convertion/FLV(flash)
the weird thing is that in FCP the export progress bar does not show any progress, but as I observe the file (at the destination) FCP is exporting because the size of the file is getting bigger

what tha....????? weirddddd.....

any ideas?
Re: crash when exporting FLV
February 26, 2009 07:50AM
export a QTSC movie and convert the flv from that QTSC file.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
February 26, 2009 08:07AM
I waited to see if it was working and the export works fine, but the progress bar is not registering.
February 26, 2009 08:33AM
Call me slow on the uptake, but how are you exporting an FLV file from Final Cut? I was unaware that Final Cut had that functionality.

February 26, 2009 08:49AM
Yes, you can export FLV right from the timeline. Just go to file/export/quicktime conversion click on the format list and you should see a Flash option. If you don't see I think you can get the option by installing the flash plug in for QuickTime. (make sure you quit FCP before installing the plug in)
February 26, 2009 08:54AM
Ohhhhhh. Okay, yeah, I get it now. "Using Quicktime Conversion" is one of those things Final Cut does, but doesn't seem to do well. It's notoriously unreliable.

Like Corbett said, your best workflow for getting out of Final Cut to a file format (as opposed to videotape) is to export a self-contained Quicktime movie, then do any post-processing you need to on that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics