Log and Captuer

Posted by yohannes 
Log and Captuer
February 06, 2009 12:37PM
Hello all

I'm using a mac book pro and final cut 6.0.4. I have hooked up a jvc gr-hd1 camera to my fcp and I'm trying to log and capture. The device is hooked up and I can control the camera through FCP but the preview is disabled. I'm sure caputer /input is the issue, i have it on dv ntsc 48 khz.
Please help!!

Thank you.
Re: Log and Captuer
February 06, 2009 12:54PM
Can you scrub and see picture in the capture window?

What happens when using capture now as your method?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
February 06, 2009 01:10PM
As far as the capture window; it says preview disabled.

When I try to capture now, a window pops that says "This operation could not be completed as there is no video.
February 06, 2009 01:17PM
Did you shoot HDV, or DV? And double check your camera setting.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 06, 2009 01:47PM
the footage was shot in hdv
February 07, 2009 05:37AM
Select from Easy Setup, switch to HDV and try again.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 07, 2009 02:15PM
I also have a problem using both regular dv cameras, and the newest sony dv walkman. It is quite strange. When I connect a hard drive camcorder or dvd camcorder I set the capture preset to non controllable device. When I tried to do it with the brand new DV walkman which ran around 1200 bucks it didn't work. There wasn't even an image on the window in when I pushed log and capture now and hit play on the camcorder. I then switched to the older dv walkman which log and captured fine. The older model works better than the newer one. Also, on some of my computers when I connect a regular mini dv camcorder I will get the images on the window of the log and capture but when I hit capture now it plays but doesn't log and capture. Strange.

HELP
February 08, 2009 02:07AM
Check the setting on the camera/deck. You should be in VTR mode, and set up to iLink/1394/Firewire DV outs.

>When I tried to do it with the brand new DV walkman which ran around 1200 bucks it didn't
>work.

Doesn't matter if you bought it for $1200 or $120K. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. You need to check whether the device is supported.

[www.apple.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
February 08, 2009 06:58AM
>When I tried to do it with the brand new DV walkman which ran around 1200 bucks it didn't work.

Oh for goodness sakes, just shoot me now. A brand new DV walkman? I didn't even know there was an old DV walkman! Can someone point me to a link ?
Cheers
February 08, 2009 08:54AM
There you go, Andy...

[tinyurl.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
February 08, 2009 11:14AM
heeee ... gotta love that let me google thing :-)

i think i got mixed up with the "brand new" bit and assumed it was some fancy new camera grafted onto a cassette tape player. ignore me, i'll just go and sit in the corner ...
February 24, 2009 02:00PM
Do you have an external firewire converter attached, like a Data video DAC100 that helps convert analog video to digital (and vice-versa) and adds timecode? If so check and find out if that is turned on. For some reason FCP defaults to that device. I was just having the same issue...had control over the deck, but the preview window said "preview disabled" and I couldn't capture I kept getting "This operation could not be completed as there is no video." I trashed prefs, checked all my settings and nothing changed. Then I noticed the power to this datavideo thing was on. Turned it off and now I am all set, everything is back to normal.
March 13, 2009 03:14PM
Ok! so once i used the easy set up I was able to capture and log the dv footage. but all the hdv footage are not being captured. FCP wont even play it in the preview browser. any suggestions?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics