transitions

Posted by yopli 
transitions
March 26, 2009 03:27AM
I'm fairly new to fcp, pretty much used for weedings and events.

I need to use an image as a transition and make it go from one side to the other on the screen (left - right) i think the position doesn't matter cuz that can be set with keyframes, or not??
Do i have to key it out?? send it with a transparent background from photoshop??
and obviously, how can i do that??
Re: transitions
March 26, 2009 07:32AM
place the 2 clips you are transitioning between on the timeline and add the wipe as per normal.
place the wipe image ( w/ embedded alpha) on upper track and use keyframes to move the image across the screen such that it hides the wipe edge on the transition below

or use Peter Wiggin's excellent SupaWipe : [www.supawipe.com]
Re: transitions
March 26, 2009 08:57AM
Yes, you keyframe the Motion parameters so it goes from one side to the other. The distance between the keyframes will determine the speed -- the width of your screen is fixed, so the longer you make the travel, the slower it will be. The image will need a transparent background, so it will either need an alpha channel (ie. in a format such as TIFF which can handle an alpha channel), or you'd need to make it a multi-layer Photoshop file so that you can turn off the background colour within FCP.

A black or white background on the image can be keyed out with a Luma Key, but it'll look very dirty, and the key will probably knock out elements in the actual image itself. Not worth it.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics