Converting DVCProHD 29.97 to ProRes422 (HQ) 24 - How to

Posted by Remy Carter 
Converting DVCProHD 29.97 to ProRes422 (HQ) 24 - How to
April 04, 2009 05:19PM
I had an editor who originally put our film together with DVCProHD 29.97 footage and the timeline is the same.

The camera we used you are able to convert from a raw file to any codec you have on your machine. Since then I have re rendered all the footage to Prores422 (HQ) 24p and re-connected all the clips.

My problem is that I want the timeline to fit the new native footage at Prores422(HQ) at 24 frame rate. This is my problem.

I'm currently using FCStudio 2.

Thanks.
Re: Converting DVCProHD 29.97 to ProRes422 (HQ) 24 - How to
April 05, 2009 03:11PM
Doesn't sound correct. Assuming your source is 1080i60, why would you want to convert your frame rate before you create your master?

To change the frame rate, you need to create a new sequence, set to the frame rate and codec of your new media (assuming it's ProRes HQ 1920x1080 p24). Then copy and paste everything in your old timeline into that new timeline, then run through it, check for gaps and audio sync.

HOWEVER, from the information you gave, I'm not convinced that you are doing the Right Thing?. If you shot DvcproHD 1080i60, you need to edit in 1080i60, then a frame rate conversion on the master if required (usually it's a standards conversion for PAL countries if you are working in NTSC rates). Also, you mentioned "render", which is horrible to convert frame rates.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Converting DVCProHD 29.97 to ProRes422 (HQ) 24 - How to
April 05, 2009 03:29PM
I'm not wild about how much reading-between-the-lines I'm having to do here, but it sounds like you're talking about some sort of 60i-offline-to-24p conform thing here. Is that what's going on?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics