New Logic Board... Registration questions

Posted by jamesnw 
New Logic Board... Registration questions
April 06, 2009 08:05PM
My graphics card recently died (the GeForce 8600M GT issue with 17" MacBook Pros) and so Apple replaced my logic board and graphics card. Now, my computer runs 30-50 degrees cooler, the screen works, etc.

However, I lost all the registration files for Final Cut Suite. Now, should I simply reenter all the serial numbers, or should I restore my computer to the Carbon Copy Cloner that I made right before I turned it over to the Genius Bar?

I don't understand the registration, how it works with QUicktime Pro, etc., enough to know which route will cause me the least problems in the long run. Any ideas?
Thanks!

----
www.JamesNWeber.com - Socially Aware Media

and introducing-
www.FCPTutorials.com - One source for all Final Cut Tutorials
Re: New Logic Board... Registration questions
April 07, 2009 09:39AM
Just re-enter the serial #s as they come up. Start with FCP & QT. QT Pro needs to be upgraded from within the app. Sorry, I'm not in front of my computer, so I can't check where that is in the Menu. If you can't find it, maybe someone else can look for it, or knows off the top of their noggin.

Restoring from a clone on an otherwise healthy system might give you more headaches than re-entering serial #s.

debe
Re: New Logic Board... Registration questions
April 07, 2009 07:31PM
Thanks. I just had to reenter in Final Cut, and everything seems fine now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics