Unable to drag anything from the viewer

Posted by jennyo 
Unable to drag anything from the viewer
April 10, 2009 05:57PM
Hello,

I am having a strange issue occur with regard to not being able to drag anything from the viewer to the canvas or the timeline. When I have my left button on my mouse ready to drag my video into the timeline or canvas it looks as if it is going BEHIND the timeline or canvas and if I drop it, it disappears.

I have a feeling it has to do with some settings somewhere because when I called Apple support we cleared my preferences and it seemed to be ok but as soon as I changed my display setup to have my canvas appear on my external monitor and the rest on my laptop the same problem came back.

Please excuse my learning curve with both Mac and FCE. The solution may be super simple but its causing me enough frustration to post.

Thanks for your help.
Re: Unable to drag anything from the viewer
April 10, 2009 07:27PM
Uh. Nope. Not super simple. That's pretty much a weird one. If you do need to have your system set up to display that way (not sure why you're sending the actual canvas to the external) then you might want to learn to use the f9, f10, and f11 keys.

You need to go to system preferences and disable then in the 'expose' section.

System preferences > Dashboard and Expose > change any keys that say f9 f10 or f11 to '-', or choose other keys if you want to keep the functionality in the finder.

Then in FCP mark your in and out in the viewer, then hit f10 to overwrite to the timeline wherever the playhead is. f9 is insert and f11 is replace.

Re: Unable to drag anything from the viewer
April 13, 2009 08:40PM
Be careful on the new keyboards those keys mute the sound f9 turn down the sound f10 turn up the sound f11. You have to hit the FN key to enable exposé. I don't have one in front of me But I think that is correct.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics