speed change error message

Posted by DM 
DM
speed change error message
April 26, 2009 03:16PM
Error message: conflict during trim operation command.

trying to increase speed to 150% of 3 second clip. It's on it's own track. No audio associated with it. Nothing next to the clip on either side. Any clues?

FC 5.1.4
Re: speed change error message
April 26, 2009 04:05PM
> trying to increase speed to 150% of 3 second clip. It's on it's own track.

That's a real rub about FCP's dealing with speed changes. It always tries to ripple everything on all tracks, so if you have anything at all overlapping, they could stop your operation. A feature request I've been demanding for a long time is an option to stop automatically rippling.

A few ways to deal with this:

a) Cut the clip, copy it to the end of the timeline first, perform the speed change, then paste it back in its place;
b) Double-click the clip to open into the Viewer, do the speed change in the Viewer;
c) Lock all other tracks, do the speed change, unlock. This method's the most dangerous, because if you have clips on that track in a part of the timeline you can't see, you could mess up your editing in other parts of the Sequence and you may not find out until much, much later.

www.derekmok.com
DM
April 26, 2009 04:23PM
all I can say is...............wow.
End of timeline worked.

I don't think I would have ever figured THAT ONE out.

thx again
dm
April 26, 2009 09:13PM
I have a trick similar to Derek, but works better when you have a long timeline. I keep a sequence called "work" open that I can copy to for speed changes or other experiments that effect time.
April 26, 2009 09:28PM
When you use the cut/copy method, before you cut the clip out from its original position, you should either hit M or I to create a marker or In point. That way, after you perform the speed change, you can just hit SHIFT-Left Arrow (for marker) or SHIFT-I (for In point) to fly right back to the original spot.

www.derekmok.com
DM
April 27, 2009 12:00AM
Thx to all for the reply's.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics