Still Image/Motion Effect

Posted by michaelpaulucci 
Still Image/Motion Effect
April 26, 2009 12:33AM
I have like 100 stills taken in a burst mode with my still camera. i want to bring them into a FCP sequence, and put them all to about 12 or so seconds to replicate movement. does anyone know how I could bring these all in the timeline consecutively without having to drag each individual image in? also, is there a fast way to edit all their times down to about 12 seconds as opposed to the default 10 second?

thanks,

mike
Re: Still Image/Motion Effect
April 26, 2009 01:22AM
> how I could bring these all in the timeline consecutively without having to drag each individual
> image in?

Select all of them in the Browser, drag them into the timeline, or drop them into the Canvas' Overwrite/Insert functions. The files would need to have been named alpha-numerically in the correct order.

> also, is there a fast way to edit all their times down to about 12 seconds as opposed to the
> default 10 second?

Set User Preferences - Editing - Still Image Duration to however long you want it. Or, stick the stills into a timeline, select them all, CONTROL-click on them and choose Duration, then enter the desired number.

www.derekmok.com
Re: Still Image/Motion Effect
April 26, 2009 01:38PM
Mike-

You might want to try this in Motion. While it is possible in Final Cut, as Derek has explained, you will have a better time of it in another program. FCP can get a bit pokey to use when it has to deal with large numbers of stills. This is especially true if they are very large.

-Vance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics