Losing Render or Thumbnail Cache Files

Posted by alwerj 
Losing Render or Thumbnail Cache Files
April 20, 2009 11:15PM
Hi everyone, I'm having problems with one of my projects repeatedly losing render and/or thumbnail cache files. I don't get any message of lost (render) files on opening the project, but all of my sequences that have been previously rendered all need to be re-rendered. It seems to happen somewhat randomly. It also seems the re-renders don't take as long as they should (as long as the initial renders), which makes me think that it is only the thumbnail portion of the render files that are missing. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

-Al
Re: Losing Render or Thumbnail Cache Files
April 21, 2009 01:21PM
No responses?

By the way I'm running a Mac Pro Octo with 8 gigs of RAM, and a Black Magic Declink HD Pro, and FCP 6.0.5.
Re: Losing Render or Thumbnail Cache Files
May 07, 2009 03:06PM
Hi, I think you probably solved your problem by now. Anyway, first thing to check is where your Render and Thumbnail Scratch Disks / Folder are assigned to be.

Maybe they are going on/offline for being in an external disk, that might be not on all the time? Just a guess.

Go to menu:
Final Cut Pro> System Settings

Check if it is all like you would expect them to be. (render checkboxes on, folders that make sense to your organization).

Sorry if you already knew all this.

Good luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics