HD to SD

Posted by Göran 
HD to SD
April 16, 2009 03:58AM
I guess this question has been up before but I could not find any answers.

What is the best way of converting HD to SD?
I have ingested RED material in ProRes 422 HQ PAL 2048x1152 and going to edit it as usual and the final output is going to be in SD PAL. 720x576 FHA.

Actually the broadcast master is going to be a 720x576 FHA m2v file.
And a reference master for us in 10 bit uncompressed.

What is the best way of doing this?
I have read that compressor is doing a good job getting the quicktime file.
The m2v file I´m getting from After Effects because compressor doesn´t have the settings I need.

How about quicktime conversion? One would think that FCP could handle this downcovert all the way?

What would be the best way from my 2048x1152 timeline to the m2v file?
First downconvert to SD and import in AE and render the m2v file or export the 2K timeline to AE and then render the m2v file? My guess would be the latter but if anyone have any "right" answers on this I would be GREATFUL!!!

Thank´s

Göran
Re: HD to SD
April 16, 2009 05:40PM
Get an HD capture card and downconvert upon layback to tape. That is the best way.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Re: HD to SD
April 17, 2009 03:02AM
Thank´s . Actually I have a Kona3 card but since we almost never master to tape nowadays that would be an unecessery step. I´m looking for the best digital way.
Re: HDV to SD
May 15, 2009 03:03PM
I am needing to down convert my completed HDV project to NTSC 720X486.

Work Flow .. Captured and edited in HDV, rendered with pro res 422, exported from FCP as QT movie. I then imported that file into compressor and applied (from the Standard Def settings) SD 10-bit uncompressed NTSC.

The resulting file was squished in perspective.

This is the first time I have needed to do this down convert to NTSC and don't quite get it, obviously.

Thank you in advance.

Randy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics