Your hardware cannot render at the requested size

Posted by Jules 
Your hardware cannot render at the requested size
May 15, 2009 06:05PM
So, I shot in HDV and cut a piece and everything was fine with any filters i added to the rushes: usually 3 way colour correction and some grading filter, such as natress film effects or DVshade EasyLooks.

Anyway, after looking at the edit and deciding to alter it a bit, everytime i try and extend an edit with a filter on, or put the same filter on a new clip i get the 'your hardware cannot render at the requested size' bright red background thing.

Thing is, my hardware has already and previously rendered all this...!?!?! Ad when i play the timeline those clips, which are orange on the top the timeline, do playback, albeit at lower quality.

I have a new mac pro 2x2.26 Qaud Core with 8 gig of ram and 10.5.6 and the NVidea GeForce GT 120.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT:

Ok, i decided to simply close then open FCP before i posted this, and guess what... yep, it's fine now. So i'm posting anyway to see if anyone has any suggestions why it may have said that. It's all very well that's it's fine again, but i like to know why, if possible smiling smiley

Cheers
Re: Your hardware cannot render at the requested size
May 16, 2009 06:29AM
>So i'm posting anyway to see if anyone has any suggestions why it may have said that.

That message usually comes up when you're trying to render fxplugs in 32 bit floating point space. One option is to switch the timeline to render at 8 bits, or render the footage in another machine.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics