Wildly OT: Windows Transports Stream Decoder

Posted by VPiccin 
Wildly OT: Windows Transports Stream Decoder
May 18, 2009 10:07AM
I am a happy users of MPEG Streamclip.

I have a friend who is PC based. He has a ton of kidvid DVD's he wants to put on his computer.

Anyone have a good recommendation for something like MPEG Streamclip for Windoz?

-Vance
Re: Wildly OT: Windows Transports Stream Decoder
May 18, 2009 11:13AM
> He has a ton of kidvid DVD's he wants to put on his computer.

If these are store-bought, then unfortunately, you're asking for something illegal. No can do.

www.derekmok.com
May 18, 2009 11:16AM
Whoops sorry Derek, bad definition. When I said kidvid, I meant stuff he has shot of his children and dumped to DVD. Nothing illegal.

-V
May 18, 2009 11:43AM
Okay then. Would it make you smile to find out that MPEG Streamclip has a Windows version?

[www.squared5.com]

Thing is, though, it's not as simple as just Mac vs. PC. MPEG Streamclip uses the codecs available on your system, so if it's a PC, it may not have all the components necessary to perform all the tasks we're so used to, on a Mac station equipped with all the Final Cut Pro and QuickTime goodies.
Try and see.

www.derekmok.com
May 18, 2009 01:40PM
Wow thanks. Oddly I went to the Squared 5 web site to see if there was a windows version and missed this entirely. I'll send the link along to him. He doesn't need a vast array of codecs, jsut a way to get his stuff to something PC like.

-V
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics